Friday Quiz: How many diseases afflict humanity? (February 3, 2006)
Friday Quiz: How many diseases afflict humanity?
There are about 1450 different species of human pathogen (disease-causing organism - bacteria, viruses, ameboids, plasmodiums, spirochaetes (example: lyme disease), etc.) were known, with many of them having a wide variety of "strains" or varieties. 60% of them can be contracted from animals, while the remaining 40% are associated only with humans.
* * *
copyright © 2006 Charles Hugh Smith. All rights reserved in all media.
I would be honored if you linked this wEssay to your site, or printed a copy for your own use.
* * *