Introducing Survival+ The Primer (January 30, 2010)
For those understandably daunted by the 396-page brick that is the full Survival+, I've put together a short 134-page Primer.
Since not everyone wants to chew through a 396-page book, I've assembled an introduction I've titled Survival+ The Primer.
Why I created Survival+ The Primer
Reader feedback persuaded me that a 396-page book is a justifiably daunting prospect for many, and so I decided to create an Introduction to Survival+ that is only a third the length (48,000 words, 134 pages) of the full version. It is not a summary--there is simply no way to summarize 396 pages into 134 pages--but The Primer serves to introduce key Survival+ concepts and principles for a modest cost: $5.95 for the ebook or $9.95 for the print version.
Those seeking a quick read will find The Primer fits the bill. It is both a stand-alone work and an introduction to the full version. There are four ways to get a copy:
1. Survival+ The Primer (amazon.com, USA and Canada) $9.95 USD
I have no idea if the world needs a short version of Survival+ or not, but the only way to find out is to publish it and see what happens. My own guess is that it might fill a niche for those who would like to give another reader something shorter and therefore more readable than the full version.
Here is the Primer's introduction:
With crisis comes opportunity for positive transformation: this is the central theme of Survival+: Structuring Prosperity for Yourself and the Nation which I published in October 2009.
If it flops, oh well, failure is our most valuable experience... and yes, eventually I will look into the ePub format which Apple will use for its new iPad reader.
1. My shipment of books finally arrived. After a 3-week comedy of errors and mishaps, my shipment arrived yesterday and I started sending out signed books to contributors. Thank you for your patience!
2. There are at least two remaining U.S. manufacturers of laundry appliances: Speed Queen and Staber Industries. Thank you, Peter C., for bringing this company to my attention.
3. Due to my currently insane workload, it is impossible for me to reply to emails individually for awhile. To those of you who can work 65-70 hours a week, week in, week out, month in, month out, while retaining your sanity and health, I commend you. Alas I am a mere mortal, with a livelihood to maintain beyond this blog and my writings, and non-stop workloads of 65+ hours a week break me. I am writing this at 4 a.m. having slept 8 hours in the past 48 hours, and that is unsustainable, at least for me.
Your correspondence is an essential part of the collective intelligence of this site, and of my own continuing education. So please know that your email will be read and appreciated even though I can only issue this blanket statement of acknowledgement. Please accept my apologies for the absence of a personal response.
4. If you send me a report/commentary/link, please consider posting it to the DailyJava.net forum as well. I can only reprint about 1% of the emails I receive, so please do other readers a favor by logging into the forum and posting your informative email on a thread. It only takes a moment to register; select an appropriate thread, or go to "Charles Smith" and select the "daily blog" thread as a default.
5. If you haven't visited the forum, here's a fun place to start. Click on the link below and then select "new posts." You'll get to see what other oftwominds.com readers and contributors are discussing/sharing.
is now open for aggregating our collective intelligence.
Of Two Minds is now available via Kindle: Of Two Minds blog-Kindle
"This guy is THE leading visionary on reality.
He routinely discusses things which no one else has talked about, yet,
turn out to be quite relevant months later."
NOTE: contributions are acknowledged in the order received. Your name and email remain confidential and will not be given to any other individual, company or agency.
Or send him coins, stamps or quatloos via mail--please request P.O. Box address.
Your readership is greatly appreciated with or without a donation.
For more on this subject and a wide array of other topics, please visit
All content, HTML coding, format design, design elements and images copyright © 2010 Charles Hugh Smith, All rights reserved in all media, unless otherwise credited or noted.
I would be honored if you linked this wEssay to your site, or printed a copy for your own use.
|consulting||blog fiction/novels articles my hidden history books/films what's for dinner||home email me|